Vermicelli recipe, a traditional dessert specially made for Eid festivals. Eid breakfast is incomplete without this tasty and easy dish.
- 1 quart milk
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 8 cardamom seeds, or to taste
- 1 package vermicelli pasta, broken into 4-inch lengths
- 8 raisins, or more to taste
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Ready In: 40 minutes
- Bring milk, sugar, and cardamom seeds to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir broken vermicelli pasta and raisins into milk mixture and simmer until pasta is tender and the cream sauce has thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand until warm, about 15 minutes.