For 5 persons
Preparation time: 25 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
Ingredients for the Rasgulla balls:
3 cups of Milk powder
1 cup of sifted flour
1/2 a cup of Condensed milk (Optional)
1/2 cup of Clarified butter / Ghee or even Margarine
For the Syrup :
1/2 a liter of Water
1 small tsp of fennel seeds (Optional)
3 Cardamom pods
1 small tsp of Vanilla extract
1 cup of brown sugar
Vegetable oil for frying
– Start off by placing your saucepan with 1/2 a liter of water to a boil.
– Add your cardamom pods and fennel seeds to the water followed by your brown sugar and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. Note you can add 2 cups of sugar instead of 1 cup depending on your taste.
– Let all simmer to a boil or atleast until all the sugar has been dissolved.
– In the meantime, combine all your dry ingredients for the Rasgullas in bowl.
– Add the clarified butter little by little followed by some water at the end to bind all the mixture together.
– It should look somewhat like this after having combined all the ingredients together.
– Next take a scoop of the dough and roll it into ball size.
– In a pan heat some vegetable oil and when medium hot drop the balls each at a time.
– Fry until light brown in colour.
– Set aside on a paper towel to rest for some mins when done.
– Drop the Rasgulla into the warm syrup one at a time and leave to absorb for atleast some good 30 mins. Do not leave it too long as well because it might break if too much syrup into it.