1 1/2 Kg Chicken
1 Tsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
3 Medium Onion, finely Chopped
1 tbsp Ginger and Garlic Paste
4 Potatoes, cut into halves and fried
1 Tsp Turmeric Powder
3 Tbsp Curry Powder (Any Brand)
1 Cup of Water
3 Fresh Tomatoes (Blended)
- Drop in curry leaves, onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon stick, chilli and thyme in a large saucepan over a low-medium heat filled of oil. Let cook for 5 mins until the onion has softened, stirring regularly to prevent sticking to the pan.
- Make a runny paste with the curry powder and a splash of water by mixing them in a bowl then put it in the pan and stir until aromatic
- Add the chicken pieces and stir to coat in the curry keep the heat on a low-medium simmer so that the spices don’t burn.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, potatoes and 1 tsp salt. Pour in water to just below the level of the chicken and potatoes. When the potatoes and chicken are cooked through, remove the cinnamon stick. It will take around 25 minutes.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl to get the satini pomme d’amour. Put the curry into bowls and decorate over the coriander leaves and red onion. Serve with basmati rice, cucumber slices, rotis and the satini pomme d’amour.